BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Chant #1: Summer Has Officially Arrived

Okay summer is here (finally!) in my small Yolo county city. Which of course means breaking out the old swimsuit. The reason I'm so excited is not because I've been working out like crazy to get a six pack (because I haven't) but because it has been cold, windy and raining non stop from the beginning of May and early June but now the sun is shining and the pools are open for business. I've stocked up on some summer clothes that I'm more than ready to wear! One being this dress from Target for $27
Not too bad and its really flowy, colorful and festive!

I also purchased a great swimsuit. I usually don't like to buy a new swimsuit every year but I really wanted a swimsuit with some cool cutouts to kind of give me the illusion of a smaller waist. So here it is from Forever 21 for $20  
At first I wasn't sure I wanted to buy it because of that plunging neck line but I got passed that once I put it on. I also really like the colorful floral design. 

There was also a sale at Wet Seal where I bought a couple staple pieces. My entire purchase was only $15 dollars for 5 cute summery items. Needles to say I actually returned one of the items because me getting so wrapped up in my savings on accident chose out a skort thinking they were shorts so I returned them and for some store credit. (Which I still haven't used!)

What I have yet to buy are a some great shorts! I like the distressed shorts with the rips and the fading. Those always seem effortlessly cool to me but I never feel good about buying my clothes already damaged :P Some other types of shorts on my radar are colored short. Those look so fun! It's a bright pop of color without even trying. I love the attention those bring I actually have a teal pair but I wanted to go for some different colors. High waisted shorts are also something I would love to try. I actually have never worn anything high waisted. So let me know in the comments where I can buy some affordable shorts that are gonna last me till next summer. Xoxo




0 comments:

Followers