BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chan t#2: My Day At The Zoo

           I went to the Folsom City Zoo Sanctuary today! It was my first time getting to see wild animals that close up before and it was great. The weather was warm but not too hot especially because I was wearing a breezy dress. Plus the place wasn't packed with people either! I really enjoyed myself too. The first animals I saw were two medium sized monkeys (not sure about the type) and then I traveled on towards a cage of four feral cats which made me squeals! I  cats. I saw more animals like foxes, hybrid wolves (I didn't know those existed!), bobcats (one only had 3 legs), golden eagles, black bears, raccoons, coyotes, wolves, squirrels, owls, deer, mountain lions and tigers. Unfortunately I didn't get to take pictures of all of the animals I saw but I got it all up in my brain which is the most important. My favorite animals were the foxes because they were so energetic and look really happy even though they were sharing a cage. I really wanted to see tigers before I got there but the two tigers at the sanctuary, Pouncer and Misty, were very sleepy tigers. They didn't let anyone wake them from their slumber. Lazy cats. ^_^ Lucky for us they woke up a bit before we decided to leave. The place looked very clean and I think all the animals looked taken care of. I did a lot of walking around too. I loved seeing all those animals. It was so cute seeing the animals sleep and be cozy. I hope I get to go see a bigger zoo with more animals someday but I'm grateful for this visit. What animals would you like to see at a zoo? Leave a comment! xoxo

 A very lazy tiger taking a nap

One of the fuzzy and playful foxes

 A young mountain lion that they only let out at certain times of the day because she can't play with older mountain lions :-(
A thirsty black bear (that looks brown to me)

0 comments:

Followers